Monday, February 7, 2011

A Trip to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, Florida on Weekend

Hello Friends!  I am writing on my new blog today.  I enjoyed visiting in Ft. Lauderdale (FTL) and Miami (MIA), Florida last weekend starting Friday, Feb. 4th and ending Sunday, Feb. 5th.

On Friday morning,  I went to Payless Car Rental Agency in Tampa (TPA) where I picked up a nice car, KIA Rio LX with 4 doors.  I checked in @ 10:18 a.m.  and drove away.  I really like it.   I put my old Sony GPS on the front window so it is helpful guide to me to stay on path to FTL.   How many hours and miles from TPA to FTL?? 4 hours / 14 minutes and 266 miles. 





All rite,  I finally arrived at my old deaf friend's hearing brother's house in Pembroke Pines, FL where I visited to see Lee of Venezuela.  We finally met and reunited than 30 years!  I never forget his last action following Departure time from the Kansas State School for the Deaf, Olathe, Kansas around 1977.   Lee and I were beautiful kids.  I took him with me out of his brother's house while we came to Starbucks Coffee.  We enjoyed chatting together.  Happy Reunion! 


Next Day, Saturday, Feb. 5th,  I came and picked up Lee again before went to Miami where we went to Deaf Nation Expo.  I know Lee to see it on first time.  I honor him to stay and learn new things in there and meeting new and old deaf faces in there.   You may click this link: www.deafnation.com anytime.   We spent our time to stay for all day until 5 p.m.   We had a wonderful time together in there.   


On Sunday, Feb. 6th,  I checked out of the Relax Inn before 11 a.m.  I drove back to TPA until 4 p.m. while I made my few photos inside the car.  Before I just made my little errands before checked out and returned a rental car back to Payless around 7:30 p.m.   
 Drive on West I-75 from Naples via Tampa





What's Speed On?


 Rest Area less than 66 Miles to Tampa
Happy End!

No comments:

Post a Comment